en - [sympa-users] list-address instead of sender-address as from

  • From: "Lorenz, Sabine (SCC)" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] list-address instead of sender-address as from
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 11:33:45 +0100

Hi,

we use Sympa 6.0.1 on a debian squeeze server and I have the following question:

Is it possible that emails are sent via Sympa with the list-email-address as sender (optionally) instead of the sender’s email-address?

The problem is that some mail server deny messages from internal addresses when they are sent via the external incoming mail servers.

For instance: A person A of firm/university X is sending an email to a mailing list of firm/university Y. There are also other email-adresses of firm X subscribers of this mailinglist and these email-addresses do not get the emails from Sympa with the email-address of person A as sender (because their mail server deny messages from internal email-addresses sent over the external mail servers).

This problem would be solved if there is a possibility to (optionally) use the list-email-address as sender from-address.

Kind regards,

Sabine Lorenz

Sabine Lorenz
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing

Hermann von Helmholtz Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
Telefon: +49 721 608-28633

E-Mail:
address@concealed
www.kit.edu/scc

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und
nationales Großforschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft