en - RE: [sympa-users] WWSympa crashing on /firstpasswd

  • From: Henk van Oers <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] WWSympa crashing on /firstpasswd
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 19:07:46 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011, Davy Kager wrote:

Uh oh, I think I forgot to mention the Sympa version being used…  I’m running
v6.1.7 (and have tried a reinstall, just because, no luck there).

Ever since I upgraded my server from openSUSE 11.4 to 12.1 WWSympa has been
acting up, to my belief either because of Perl (now at 5.14.2) or the kernel
(now at
3.1).  In my search for solutions I found reports similar to the problem I am
about to describe, but without a solution.  So I thought I’d subscribe to
this mailing
list and see if anyone has any advice.  Even though I have some experience
with Linux and LAMP I am by no means an expert on e-mail systems and the Perl
language, so
I’m sort of at a loss as to what to do next.

As the subject line suggests WWSympa seems to be working fine, people can log
in and do their administrative work or manage their subscriptions.  But
whenever
someone tries to request a (new) password using the /firstpasswd URL they
stumble upon HTTP 500: Internal Server Error.  Furthermore, as reported
before, Perl is
making quite a noise whenever WWSympa is doing something.

I use FreeBSD and Perl 5.14.1
wwsympa is not working anymore. (v5 and v6)
I subscribed to this list for the same reason but never got any response.

Lucky me: my list isn't inportant.

--
Henk