en - [sympa-users] a bit confused about sympa directory configuration conventions

  • From: Riccardo Veraldi <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] a bit confused about sympa directory configuration conventions
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:04:09 +0200

Hello,
I have a multi domain sympa installation in /home/sympa, so I manage many subdomains mailing list from one sympa installation.

so I have a master site

mysite.com

and many sub-sites which are sub-domains

sub1.mysite.com
sub2.msite.com
..
subN.mysite.com

so I have many different web instances virtual domains with different lists from site to site

https://mysite.com
https://sub1.mysite.com
https://sub2.msite.com

so for example address@concealed is different from address@concealed

everything is working fine but I am confused on where to store different sites/domains sympa customizations
abotu scenarios or web_tt2 ecc.

in /home/sympa/etc

I have all the site configurations

/home/sympa/etc/sub1.mysite.com
/home/sympa/etc/sub2.mysite.com
/home/sympa/etc/sub3.mysite.com
/home/sympa/etc/sub4.mysite.com

each directory has its own subdirs and robot configuration

robot.conf scenari topics.conf web_tt2

on the master site directory root configuration

/home/sympa/etc/mysite.com

I only have

robot.conf topics.conf

if I put my customizations like

web_tt2 and scenari in /home/sympa/etc/mysite.com
they does not work, and they works only if I put the customization stuff on the root /home/sympa/etc/directory

so in /home/sympa/etc/ I have

mail_tt2
web_tt2
scenari

and so on which I changed form the default ones.

anyway all my sub-sites inherit the customizations I make in the master site.
How to do if I want specific web_tt2 scenari mail_tt2 customizations for the master site and not to allow
subsite to inherit these customizations ?

why /home/sympa/etc/mydomain.com is ignored aside from topics and robot configuration ?

I do not know if I could explain myself well or not

thank you

Rick

  • [sympa-users] a bit confused about sympa directory configuration conventions, Riccardo Veraldi, 10/13/2011