en - [sympa-users] Passwords

  • From: "Walter H. Hopgood" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Passwords

Okay - so everything's been running fine since the move (and the bulk.pl
process got started - thank you!). Now I'm having issues with passwords.

I used the old machine's "sympa.conf" and "wwsympa.conf" files, changing
nothing. However, the system will not recognize any password. My old
password seemed to work, but I reset it to something else. After making sure
it was encrypted, I deleted my cookies and tried to log in. Again, it took my
old password, not my new one. I had the system resend me a new password,
tried it, and nothing.

I created a brand new user and subscribed to a mailing list. It sent me a
temporary password, which let me log in long enough to change that password.
Once again, I made sure it was encrypted. Once I tried to log in with the new
email and password that I'd just created, it failed saying the password was
incorrect.

I don't get it! Nothing about the cookie changed. So why are passwords -
even system generated ones - not working?