en - [sympa-users] setting list priority

  • From: Matt Taggart <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] setting list priority
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 13:53:29 -0700

Hi,

I am looking for a way to programmatically adjust list priority. What I
would like to do is set list priority based on list size, so that lists
with fewer subscribers have a higher priority than lists with many
subscribers. I have split our lists into groups based on size and now I
want to set their priority. Rather than adjust the config files by hand, I
know that sympa has functions to make adjustments, rotate the configs
safely, etc. and I would prefer to use those. I read the code and am trying
to use the List module but I am having problems. Here's an example of how I
am trying to use it

use List;

$name='test';
$robot='lists.example.com';

my $list = new List ($name,$robot) or die "cannot construct\n";
print "$list->{'admin'}{'priority'}\n";

but when I try to run it dies when constructing.

Is this something I can expect to be able able do with the List module?
Does the above look right?
Can someone provide an example of how to query and set the priority for a
list?

FYI- my script for adjusting the priorities is at
http://tinyurl.com/adjustpriority

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart