en - Re: [sympa-users] List of Lists

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: András Bendzsák <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, Jose Maria Palacio <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] List of Lists
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:34:27 -0400

even simpler, use the "include2" data source, all you have to do is give the
list name.

Either of these methods will work.

Note that these methods add all the subscribers of the included to the
original list. This is not quite the same as a "list of lists." For
instance, the included list will not archive the messages sent to the
including list.

On Apr 25, 2011, at 9:16 AM, András Bendzsák wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> In Sympa 6.0.X, it is possible to create lists of lists. The way I am
>> creating these lists is defining a list which has other lists as
>> subscriptors (must exist in Sympa). Is there another way, better that
>> this one, to perform this operation?
>
> Yes, you could create a list and use "SQL query inclusion
> (include_sql_query)" function in the Data sources setup.
>
> Example:
> short name for this source: Sympa
> database type: depends on the db
> remote host: localhost
> database name: sympa
> remote user: sympa
> remote password: ******
> SQL query: select email_user from user_table
>
> That's all.
>
> --
> Andras Bendzsak

danno