en - Re: [sympa-users] Bounce processing with Postfix

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Bounce processing with Postfix
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 14:34:04 +0200

Hi Niklas, and sorry for this late answer,

I just re-read the postfix howto and something is not clear to me: I have the impression that the aliases are defined twice.

  - Once in the sympa_aliases file (step 3 of the howto)
  - Once in the master.cf and transporte_regexp files.

What's worse is that the definitions don't look consistent :

  - in the sympa_aliases file, any mail to "list-owner" is piped to bouncequeue with the address "address@concealed"
  - the combination of transport_regexp and master.cf lead to a mail to "list-owner" being piped to bouncequeue with the address "list-owner".

Actually, sympa_aliases are not even necessary as any aliases in postfix can be defined as regexp. Did you have a look at the other howto for postfix, covering virtual hosting? It can be found here:

https://www.sympa.org/faq/postfix#postfix_regexp_aliaseshow_to_do_away_with_alias_managerpl

In this text, the author suggests to use a set of rewriting rules to define properly the aliases as regexp.

Please tell me if my understanding of the postfix configuration is correct. If so, then the Sympa documentation about Postfix must be rewritten.

Regards,

David