en - [sympa-users] Bounce processing with Postfix

  • From: Niklas Matthies <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Bounce processing with Postfix
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:44:12 +0100

Hello,

We noticed that bounces are not correctly processed with the Postfix
configuration described in http://www.sympa.org/faq/postfix_howto.

The problem is that bouncequeue expects the list address as its
argument (as witnessed by the sympa-generated alias entries), but the
definition of sympabounce in Postfix's master.cf passes the recipient
address of the bounce mail, which is the list-owner address. This
results in error messages like [1] in sympa.log.

As a workaround, we wrote a small wrapper script around bouncequeue
that removes the "-owner" suffix from the address before passing it to
bouncequeue. But maybe there is a better solution?

-- Niklas Matthies

[1]
bounced[<pid>]: err List::new() Incorrect name: listname "test-list-owner"
matches one of service aliases
bounced[<pid>]: err Skipping bouncefile
address@concealed for unknown list
address@concealed
bounced[<pid>]: notice tools::save_to_bad() Saving file
/address@concealed to
/address@concealed

  • [sympa-users] Bounce processing with Postfix, Niklas Matthies, 03/25/2011