en - Re: [sympa-users] Changing a config parameter for hundreds of current lists

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Changing a config parameter for hundreds of current lists
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 10:50:01 -0400

On Mar 24, 2011, at 3:27 PM, Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

> I know I can edit the defaults in the code to add Message-ID to
> remove_headers -- and since Sympa always modifies the message at least a
> bit, shouldn't it by default?!

Maybe, maybe not. It's an issue of significant debate as to what the correct
behavior is. I tend think that sympa should not molest the message-id but i
agree the other argument has merit too.

> -- to affect new lists, but is there an easy way to do this for the
> hundreds of existing lists?

At worst, you could modify all the list config files. If you look at the
sympa site for my 3 -> 6 migration tools, there is a generic script to read
and parse list config files. It could easily be modified to change the
files.

Make backups :)

danno
--