en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Anti-Spam

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: Garith Dugmore <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa Anti-Spam
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 22:13:36 -0400

You need to create a scenario file for spam_status.your_spam_header_here, and
then in sympa.conf set the spam_status config line to match
your_spam_header_here.

Careful on your regular expression. If you are using spamassassin (possibly
others), it uses the word baYES in the x-spam-status header. So everything
matches "yes". You see what I did below. I submitted a bug on this, David
said he would change the default spam_status config file to have a warning
about this.

Here is what I have:

/etc/sympa@lists1% ls -l scenari/spam_status.x-spam-status
-r--r--r-- 1 root root 344 Aug 31 2010 scenari/spam_status.x-spam-status

/etc/sympa@lists1% cat scenari/spam_status.x-spam-status
title.gettext test x-spam-status header

match([header->X-Spam-Status],/yes,/) smtp,dkim,smime,md5
-> spam
true() smtp,dkim,md5,smime -> ham

/etc/sympa@lists1% grep spam_status *
sympa.conf:spam_status x-spam-status

On Mar 17, 2011, at 9:46 AM, Garith Dugmore wrote:

> Hello fellow Sympa users,
>
> I'm trying to find more information on the anti-spam functionality of
> Sympa.
>
> It mentions here -> http://www.sympa.org/manual/antispam that:
> In version 6.1 a spam_status scenario is introduce not toe define what to
> do with a spam message but to qualify message as spam, ham or unsure. This
> scenario is selected by the sympa.conf (or robot.conf) parameter
> spam_status. This scenario can be used to test multiple message headers
> with regexp etc. It return 'ham', 'spam', 'unsure' or 'undefine'. Then this
> is the status of the message while processing it. In scenario this property
> can tested as [msg→spam_status] variable. Testing this variable in usefull
> mainly in send scenario.
>
> I've tried setting spam_status with different options in sympa.conf but I
> don't seem to get any degree of success. I currently have installed:
> ii sympa 6.1.1~dfsg-2 Modern
> mailing list manager
>
> What I'd like at the end of the day is for sympa to either moderate or
> block emails with "X-Spam-Status: Yes" in their headers.
>
> Any quick pointers on how to do this?
> Thanks for a great piece of software,
> --
>
> Garith Dugmore
> Senior System Administrator
> South African Astronomical Observatory
> and Southern African Large Telescope

Dan Pritts, Sr. Systems Engineer
Internet2
office: +1-734-352-4953 | mobile: +1-734-834-7224