en - [sympa-users] Sympa Anti-Spam

  • From: Garith Dugmore <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa Anti-Spam
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:46:14 +0200 (SAST)

Hello fellow Sympa users,

I'm trying to find more information on the anti-spam functionality of Sympa.

It mentions here -> http://www.sympa.org/manual/antispam that:
In version 6.1 a spam_status scenario is introduce not toe define what to do
with a spam message but to qualify message as spam, ham or unsure. This
scenario is selected by the sympa.conf (or robot.conf) parameter spam_status.
This scenario can be used to test multiple message headers with regexp etc.
It return 'ham', 'spam', 'unsure' or 'undefine'. Then this is the status of
the message while processing it. In scenario this property can tested as
[msg→spam_status] variable. Testing this variable in usefull mainly in send
scenario.

I've tried setting spam_status with different options in sympa.conf but I
don't seem to get any degree of success. I currently have installed:
ii sympa 6.1.1~dfsg-2 Modern
mailing list manager

What I'd like at the end of the day is for sympa to either moderate or block
emails with "X-Spam-Status: Yes" in their headers.

Any quick pointers on how to do this?
Thanks for a great piece of software,
--

Garith Dugmore