en - Re: [sympa-users] Urlize - another look

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Urlize - another look
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 15:27:27 +0100

Hi

Le 10/03/11 09:43, Andrzej Zadrożny a écrit :
Hello!

I have successfully installed sympa, but i have a few questions/suggestions.

First of all i would like to force urlize on mailing list leaving all the other reception options to users. My suggestion would be to have separate options of attachment handling on the list (allow, bann, strip, urlize).

You may create a feature request.

Is there any roadmap off development publicly available?
Not really. We still work hard on Sympa because of a large user community requesting a lot of features. The main développement now is to move completly spools to the database so you could run multiple sympa.pl deamon on a cluster. This version is yet running on a dev server. There are also others project directions such as code refactoring and bug fixes.

How do you install new current stable release of sympa? From sources? On which platform?
I can't answer to that question as Sympa author's team do not produce any package ourself.

And last, I can code those features if some one points me to things (places) that need to be changed. And of course if sympa project would accept patches.
We are really open to contribs. You should have a look at : http://www.sympa.org/dev/contributors/index

Fell free to create a new page http://www.sympa.org/dev/contributors/<your contrib description>

The best way to produce a patch that we could accept would be to do it starting from SVN trunk which is NOT a stable version. If needed we can create a branch dedicated to a big enough contrib. It is a good idea to discuss teh way you want to implement the features you mention.

Contributors , you are welcome !

Serge