en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa.pl 6.2a.4 CPU load

  • From: "Eric Sandquist" <address@concealed>
  • To: "Elwyn Davies" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa.pl 6.2a.4 CPU load
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:25:05 -0600

Yes, that is the problem. However, in order to minimize the nuber of writes to those files, I follow the plan at the bottom of http://www.sympa.org/faq/postfix

One thing I don't want to do is modify the sympa code as it complicates upgrades. I did that in a previous version.

Unfortunately this wildcard approach is creating a massive number of bad messages for lists that dont exist. I have cleared them for now and may crate a cron job to do it periodically to keep the numbers in check. But it would be better if they were never created. Currently, this is worse than having the updates to the alias files or virtual files.

I have made some modifications to the pre-postfix spam filtering and blocked one IP using IPchains and that seems to have helped a lot.

But I may end up having to create the aliases and re-enable alias_manager.pl.

Eric

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elwyn Davies" <address@concealed>