en - [sympa-users] Restrict list subscription to logged-in users?

  • From: Niklas Matthies <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Restrict list subscription to logged-in users?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:15:00 +0100

Hello,

In the context of our situation described in the email quoted below,
we noticed the following problem. On open lists where everyone can
subscribe, everyone can subscribe through the web interface even
without logging in. In our case, users tend to specify the "wrong",
i.e. the short one instead of the long, canonical one (see again in
the email quoted below) when subscribing this way without having
logged in first. Furthermore, due to the canonicalization made by the
LDAP lookup, they are not able to login to the account of this "wrong"
email address later on.

Therefore, is it possible in Sympa to restrict list subscription to
logged-in users? This would prevent our users to subscribe themselves
with the wrong email address.

-- Niklas Matthies