en - RE: [sympa-users] Database on different server

  • From: Philip Crandall <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] Database on different server
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 11:18:52 -0600

It doesn't sound like the issue was configuration of the database parameters,
but, rather, that the appropriate CPAN modules couldn't be installed because
they have a dependency on the mysql libraries that aren't installed.

Mark, if that's the case, you need to make sure that your OS has the mysql
libraries. Without knowing what OS you are running, it's hard to say what
packages you need to install. For example, on Fedora, the dependencies for
perl-DBD-MySQL are:

provider: glibc.i686 2.12-1
provider: glibc.i686 2.12.2-1
provider: glibc.x86_64 2.12-1
provider: glibc.x86_64 2.12.2-1
provider: mysql-libs.x86_64 5.1.45-2.fc13
provider: mysql-libs.x86_64 5.1.52-1.fc13
provider: openssl.x86_64 1.0.0-1.fc13
provider: openssl.x86_64 1.0.0c-1.fc13
provider: perl-DBD-MySQL.x86_64 4.013-3.fc13
provider: perl-DBD-MySQL.x86_64 4.017-1.fc13
provider: perl-DBI.x86_64 1.609-4.fc13
provider: perl.i686 4:5.10.1-112.fc13
provider: perl.x86_64 4:5.10.1-112.fc13
provider: perl.x86_64 4:5.10.1-120.fc13
provider: zlib.x86_64 1.2.3-23.fc12

If you have the ability to install any perl CPAN modules from a package
repository, I highly recommend that (note: not all perl modules required for
Sympa are necessarily packaged, depending on the OS, and some have to be
installed directly from CPAN).

Philip Crandall
University of Chicago