en - [sympa-users] sympa_aliases.db not updating

  • From: "Fetcie, Brian" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] sympa_aliases.db not updating
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:06:41 -0400

Hi all .. I’m brand new to Sympa.

I’ve installed Sympa 6.0.6 on CentOS 5.5, using Postfix 2.3.3.  I have Sympa working except that when I create a new list it does not appear that postalias is running to update sympa_aliases.db.  The aliases for the new list are created in sympa_aliases and appear in Postfix under mail aliases but I’m unable to send to the new list until I manually run postalias.

I searched through the archives and have tried some of the suggestions like recompiling Sympa with --with-newaliases=/usr/sbin/postalias --with-newaliases=/etc/mail/sympa_aliases and configuring the sympa account with sudo privs with no effect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Brian Fetcie

Systems Administrator

State University of New York at Canton

email: address@concealed

  • [sympa-users] sympa_aliases.db not updating, Fetcie, Brian, 09/24/2010