en - Re: [sympa-users] Processing large messages

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Processing large messages
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:09:35 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 16.09.2010, 12:01 +1200 schrieb Glen Eustace:
> > I had the same problem with Sympa 5.3.4 [1, 2 – threads were mixed up
> > sadly]. The reason seems to be lack of RAM.
>
> My server is a VM and usually runs quite happily with 256MB of RAM.
> Increasing that to 512MB didn't make any difference. In both cases, top
> indicated that there was in fact lots of RAM available.

Strange. Top just reports in some time intervals, so it might have
slipped through?

Could you increase the log level and look if you will get the same
messages I got?

> >> I would not have expected this to cause an issue. Are there any
> >> parameters I can tune that would have allowed this message to be
> >> processed.
> >
> > What version do you use?
>
> 5.4

Unfortunately 5.4 is not maintained or developed anymore. I am afraid
your only options are to either debug and fix this yourself or to try
Sympa 6. (Although egoistically I would prefer the first option. ;-))

Thanks,

Paul