en - Re: [sympa-users] Giant digest processing putting mail delivery on hold for over an hour

  • From: Omen Wild <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>, Andr?s Bendzs?k <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Giant digest processing putting mail delivery on hold for over an hour
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 11:22:59 -0700

Quoting David Verdin <address@concealed> on Fri, Aug 27 11:52:

> [ snip ] but the short term solution would be to set digest sending
> time to somewhere during the night. That way, even if there is a hold
> in messages distribution, it will be seamless to most users.

I defaulted the lists to running their digests at midnight, so the
outage does not impact most people, but there are a few times it
causes a problem. I could stagger the digest creation for the two
problematic lists to create two smaller outages rather than one big one.

Quoting Andr?s Bendzs?k <address@concealed> on Fri, Aug 27 11:58:

> Yes, there is an option which forks sympa.pl into two daemon.
> http://www.sympa.org/manual/conf-parameters/part2#distribution_mode

I had missed that option, thanks!

It might be time to go back through all the configuration options and
figure out which we should tweak now that we are in production.

--
Omen Wild
Security Administrator