en - [sympa-users] Sympa Cluster Question

  • From: Nathan Gibbs <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa Cluster Question
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:37:11 -0400

Are there any guidelines / howtos for setting up a sympa cluster.

My initial attempt using the debian packages didn't work out so well.

I initially asked for help in the linux.debian.user newsgroup.
SNIP

What I'd like to end up with is a 2 node sympa cluster that sits behind a
server doing IPVS to load balance between them.

To the users of the web interface it would appear like one server.

Both installs need to reference the same sympa DB on the DB server, for
obvious reasons.

When trying to install on the second node the package tries to
create the DB then the sympa install fails completely because the DB already
exists due to the successful install on the first node.

Is what I'm trying to do even possible with the debian package?
If so, how do I get it to do it?

End SNIP

After looking around in the list archives it appears that this may involve a
bit more than just a common back end DB. So I think I'd better ask around
before trying again.

Thanks

--
Sincerely,