en - Re: [sympa-users] Mass config change user_data_source

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Mass config change user_data_source
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:26:35 +0200

Hi Christian,

Le 09/07/2010 20:29, Christian Dahlhausen a écrit : Hi,

during a migration from old mailman lists to Sympa 5.3.4 the script we used set the user_data_source in the Sympa mailing list configuration files to 'database'. After some time in production, we noticed that the owners/moderators are not actually stored in the sympa database but only in the list configuration file. Since we use some custom conditions to allow owners operations on lists from their alternative email aliases we need this data (owners/moderators) in the Sympa database.

We are planning to have a downtime where we replace the 'user_data_source database' to 'user_data_source include2' in all list configurations on the backend. Since changing this value per wwsympa (on a per list basis) copies the existing owners/moderators to the database, I was wondering if just changing (and afterwards reloading the list config) would have the same effect?
Yes.

In addition to that change we also want to change the value for spam_protection from 'at' to '_javascript_' because the current setting has a bug on the webinterface 'Contact owners' link that does not work properly.

We tried a mass config change before while Sympa was running but ended up having corrupt binary config files.
Normally, editing the list directly on the file system works. Sympa just notices the file changed since the last time it read it and reload it, including the owner it find in datasources.
Just check it with a single list, but on all the versions of Sympa I used, it works.

Regards,

David

Any tips, concerns?

Christian

Christian Dahlhausen, Network Systems Engineer
University of Virginia - ITC Network Systems
PO Box 400324, 2015 Ivy Road, Charlottesville, VA 22904

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

Due to the limitations of human brain, I fail to remember all the mails.
So if you want your bug reports or feature requests for Sympa to be processed, please post them to the Sympa tracker