en - Re: [sympa-users] Depth of list archive directory

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Depth of list archive directory
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 16:11:30 +0200

Hi Christian,

Le 13/07/2010 17:35, Christian Dahlhausen a écrit : Hi,

is there a deeper reason that the list archive directory must be at least in 4 subdirectories?

looking at tools.pl it requires the directory tree to be at least 4 directories deep.

sub remove_dir {

    do_log('debug2','remove_dir()');

    foreach my $current_dir (@_){
        my @tree = split /\//, $current_dir ;
        if ($#tree < 4) {
            do_log('err',"$current_dir not removed (not enough / in directory name)");
            next;
        }
        finddepth({wanted => \&del, no_chdir => 1},$current_dir);
    }

We moved our archive directory to  /list_archive/wwsarchive which imposes a problem if we purge a list (and therefore Sympa tries to delete the archives).

Would there be any reason not to change

        if ($#tree < 4) {
        if ($#tree < 2) {

?
Beats me.
That's a test that no longer exist in recent versions (above 6.0, I didn't check below). But for all that I know about Sympa, that's a dumb test. Seriously, who cares how deep is the directory tree you want to delete?
My advice is: just remove this test. I have no idea why it's there but, as far as I know, as of version 6.0 it is no longer a valid idea.

Regards,

David

Christian Dahlhausen, Network Systems Engineer
University of Virginia - ITC Network Systems
PO Box 400324, 2015 Ivy Road, Charlottesville, VA 22904

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

Due to the limitations of human brain, I fail to remember all the mails.
So if you want your bug reports or feature requests for Sympa to be processed, please post them to the Sympa tracker