en - [sympa-users] moderation problems

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] moderation problems
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:33:08 -0400

hi all,

i've run into a few cases where a moderated message was approved via the
web interface, but nothing was ever done with it. It just sits there
in the moderated spool, named
"address@concealed".

There are log messages from wwsympa showing it is doing the moderation, but
no message from sympa.pl showing that it is reading a DISTRIBUTE command.

Of course, the messages do not show up in the web "to be moderated" list.

in one of these cases, the sending scenario should have allowed the
message through unmoderated, but it was moderated instead. once it was
re-sent it went through just fine.

In two of these cases, there was an "address" entry in the list's
configuration file that I didn't put there. It throws an error when loaded.

eg:

Jun 17 16:18:05 lists1 wwsympa[671]: info List::_load_admin_file() Bad entry
"address address@concealed " in
/sympa/list_data/all-sympa-subscribers/config

however, this has happened for other lists too.

I tried adding such a line in a test list's config file, with no apparent
effect.

I've added some debugging code to mail.pm to see if the moderation
messages are getting created into spool correctly.

Any other suggestions?

danno
--
Dan Pritts, Sr. Systems Engineer
Internet2

ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
July 11-15, 2010 - Columbus, Ohio
http://events.internet2.edu/2010/jt-oarnet/

  • [sympa-users] moderation problems, Dan Pritts, 06/21/2010