en - Re: [sympa-users] Can't execute wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Jean-Baptiste Denis <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Can't execute wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:51:58 +0200

Hi Jean-baptiste,

Le 11/06/2010 19:00, Jean-Baptiste Denis a écrit :
address@concealed">
Hello everybody,

i've installed Sympa 6.0.3 from source and configure my apache 2 server using
the default behaviour with the C wrapper as mentionned in the documentation.

I've enabled mod_fcgid in apache, restarted it. Here is the sympa
configuration for apache :

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
</IfModule>

Alias /static-sympa /home/sympa/static_content
ScriptAlias /sympa /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

I start sympa and connect to it using my browser to find Sympa in maintenance
mode : "The mailing list server is in maintenance mode, no operations can be
performed during this period."

The sympa log file shows :
"Config error: wwsympa should run with UID 1001 (instead of 33). *** Switching
to maintenance mode. ***

User with UID 1001 is www-data. Indeed, here is the output of ps faux sympa :

www-data  6322 30.3  1.7 211384 71984 ?        S    18:57   0:00  |   \_
/usr/bin/perl -U /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi

I don't understand why wwsympa.fcgi is run instead of the wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi
found in apache configuration for sympa. If i stop sympa and apache, this
process vanishes. If i start them again without going on sympa webpage,
nothing change. If i get the main page, the wwsympa.fcgi is run not wwsympa-
wrapper.

Any hints ?

Yes. ;)

The wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi does nothing else than launching the wwysmpa.fcgi script with the right uid. Then it is normal that the latter is the the process you see running.

Please check that the wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi script has the "s" bit and does belong to the Sympa user.

The command
# ls -al /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

Should give the output:

-rwsr-sr-x 1 sympa sympa 8360 jun  9 11:54 /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

Regards,

David

address@concealed">
Jean-Baptiste

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités

Due to the limitations of human brain, I fail to remember all the mails.
So if you want your bug reports or feature requests for Sympa to be processed, please post them to the Sympa tracker