en - [sympa-users] Can't execute wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

  • From: "Jean-Baptiste Denis" <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Can't execute wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 19:00:20 +0200

Hello everybody,

i've installed Sympa 6.0.3 from source and configure my apache 2 server using
the default behaviour with the C wrapper as mentionned in the documentation.

I've enabled mod_fcgid in apache, restarted it. Here is the sympa
configuration for apache :

<IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcgi
</IfModule>

Alias /static-sympa /home/sympa/static_content
ScriptAlias /sympa /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi

I start sympa and connect to it using my browser to find Sympa in maintenance
mode : "The mailing list server is in maintenance mode, no operations can be
performed during this period."

The sympa log file shows :
"Config error: wwsympa should run with UID 1001 (instead of 33). ***
Switching
to maintenance mode. ***

User with UID 1001 is www-data. Indeed, here is the output of ps faux sympa :

www-data 6322 30.3 1.7 211384 71984 ? S 18:57 0:00 | \_
/usr/bin/perl -U /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi

I don't understand why wwsympa.fcgi is run instead of the
wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi
found in apache configuration for sympa. If i stop sympa and apache, this
process vanishes. If i start them again without going on sympa webpage,
nothing change. If i get the main page, the wwsympa.fcgi is run not wwsympa-
wrapper.

Any hints ?

Jean-Baptiste