en - [sympa-users] Is this code really necessary? sso "you are already logged in" error

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Is this code really necessary? sso "you are already logged in" error
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:26:29 -0400

i'm setting up a sympa instance that is behind an https
server that requires shibboleth authentication (the entire
server requires shib auth).

I looked at just using the environment variables from apache,
but it looked like sympa only does SSL auth with certs.

so, i went down the generic_sso route.

Ideally users would not have to click the "authenticate" button
to get the sso/shibboleth login. I came up with a quick hack,
when the user hits the base host url:

https://foo.internet2.edu/

apache redirects to sso_login:

https://foo.internet2.edu/sympa/sso_login/InCommon

This seems to work fine; once they are logged in they are redirected
back to https://foo.internet2.edu/sympa.

The only issue is if they go back to foo.internet2.edu during the same
session. In this case, when they are redirected to the sso_login URL,
it throws an error:

ERROR (sso_login) - You are already logged in as address@concealed

I traced this down pretty quickly to the function do_sso_login. When I
comment out the bit that throws the error message, everything still
seems to work fine. Am I missing something?

danno
--
Dan Pritts, Sr. Systems Engineer
Internet2

Visit our website: www.internet2.edu
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/internet2
Become a Fan on Facebook: www.internet2.edu/facebook

  • [sympa-users] Is this code really necessary? sso "you are already logged in" error, Dan Pritts, 05/21/2010