en - [sympa-users] sympa server masquerading domain

  • From: Dan Pritts <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] sympa server masquerading domain
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:14:51 -0400

Hi,

running sympa 6.0.1 & postfix for mail routing, RHEL platform

I'm moving from a shared mail host for user and list mail to a separate
one for lists.

All the lists are @internet2.edu and I'd like to leave them that way, rather
than moving them to @lists.internet2.edu.

I have the web interface at lists.internet2.edu/sympa

postfix thinks the server name is lists.internet2.edu.

To complicate matters further, I intend to split my internal lists and
community lists to separate sympa instances on separate servers.

So far it is easy enough to set up mail routing to accomplish this.

I've set sympa to think its main robot name is just internet2.edu and
everything mostly works so far.

I've run into two problems -

1) moderation via the web interface appears to just generate an email
to address@concealed. This gets forwarded off-host.

I can kludge around this with mail aliases or hacking sympa if necessary.

2) More importantly, mail from sympa to users is sent From:
address@concealed

I can kludge sympa to do this, but I fear there are multiple places I
might have to make the change.

So,

any feedback on question 2?

Can anyone think of anything else that I will run into?

It occurs to me as I write this that I could change postfix to think
it's internet2.edu, and use luser_relay or whatever postfix calls it
to make mail routing work properly. That might solve problem 1 but won't
solve problem 2.

danno
--
Dan Pritts, Sr. Systems Engineer