en - [sympa-users] squl injection problem on sympa 6.0.1

  • From: Riccardo Veraldi <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] squl injection problem on sympa 6.0.1
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 20:15:32 +0100

Hello,
right today I had a weird problem.
I noticed a lot of new subtopics in the main Home topic page.

For each topic in my Home main page there are the following subtopics:

# SnoopServlet
# nessus
# portal
# snoop
# snoopservlet
# struts

Actually I did not create them in topics.conf
The file is untouched.

These new created subtpics instead are present into the mysql DB of sympa.
But I did not create them in the DB.

It looks like someone did a sql injection which had success.

I also have now a very huge bulkspool_table, is it normal ?

I have latest CentOS 5.4 release installed on my sympa with latest webserver and recent mysql server.
How this injection could be possible ?

might it be a nessus probe conseguence ?

thank you

Rick

  • [sympa-users] squl injection problem on sympa 6.0.1, Riccardo Veraldi, 03/19/2010