en - Re: [sympa-users] Limiting the number of messages per hour on Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Limiting the number of messages per hour on Sympa
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:30:23 +0100

Hi,

You can't exactly limit the number of messages per hour, but you can limit the number of SMTP session opened at the same time by Sympa. It will limitate the risk of SMTP server overload.
For that, set a low value of the sympa.conf "maxsmtp" parameter.

In that case, event if you have a lot of messages waiting in queue, thay won't be sent too fast to your mail server.

If you run Sympa 6.0, the messages for high priority lists will still be sent first, and you will even be able to set nightly sending for lists with low priority and a lot of subscriber.

Regards,

David