en - Re: [sympa-users] error : Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] error : Got a packet bigger than 'max_allowed_packet'
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:11:43 +0100

Hi,

Lazslo's right. You must increase the max_allowed_packet value.
I just want to add a note: you can test the maximum message size that will be accepted by your RDBMS thanks to the following command:

sympa.pl --test_database_message_buffer

This sends incrementally bigger packets to the database, until one is refused because it's too big.

Regards,

David