en - Re: [sympa-users] Re: Misaligned list-of-lists in Sympa

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Igor Pruchanskiy <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, Robert Beer <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Re: Misaligned list-of-lists in Sympa
  • Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:51:25 +0100

Hi Igor,

So many things about that thread...

First : You said you rebuilt entirely your CSS. Would it be possible to see your CSS ? I think it would be great to propose alternate skins to Sympa users. If you agreed and your CSS is developped enough to be a full alternative to the default distributed with Sympa, we could propose it in the contributions section. Please let we know if you're interested.

Second: Considering the fair amount of work you did about this issue, without, it seems, fixing it in a way that definitively satisfies you, we may change the paradigm. I tend to conclude that the two-cloumns presentation id not solid enough to be cross-platform, or cross-browser at least. I wonder if we should not simply change the way the list of lists is displayed. In other words: let's go back to one-column presentation and everybody will live happily ever after. What do you think?

Third: The English thing... Yes, we know our English is awful. But we have a solution: we did an internationalization catalogue from English to English. A quick word on internationalization in Sympa: the English character strings are written in the code and are thus used as keys for the other translations. Modifying them would then invalidate their translations for all the other languages. That's why we use a catalogue to fix pure English problems. Roger Klorese (who frequently posts on this list) offered recently to work on this issue, so you may contact him first to check what work he did yet.
You can download the catalogue here: http://pootle.sympa.org/en_US/sympa/sympa-en_US.zip. The file to modify is sympa.po.
Once you're done translating in correct English, you can send us the result, we'll integrate it to the next Sympa release.
You can also translate directly in our online translation tool: http://pootle.sympa.org/

Best regards,

David

Igor Pruchanskiy a écrit :
Hm...

I guess my fix does not work when search returns a single result. However, it works ok everywhere else.

What I had to do is to wrap each list definition (including buttons) into a div id called "single_list" in lists.tt2 (search_lists.tt2 is just a symlink to it) and then added this to .css file:

#single_list {
	display: inline-table !important;
}

This stopped the buttons from appearing on top of the second column, while the list definition is at the bottom of the first one.

-i