en - [sympa-users] Adjusting bounce configuration for lists with low activity

  • From: Matt Adams <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Adjusting bounce configuration for lists with low activity
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:52:06 -0700

Folks:

Apologies for the repeat messages concerning bounce management. I'm slowly wrapping my head around all of this.

Here is my scenario:

I have a list that sends out a newsletter to approximately 75,000 people. It sends one newsletter per day from Monday to Friday. That's five newsletters in one week.

From what I can tell, with the default settings it is virtually impossible (or just takes way too long) to automatically unsubscribe someone using the default bounce-related configuration. I've come to this conclusion after evaluating the logic in get_score().

I'm wondering if someone with experience sending to a list such as this can recommend bounce configuration settings that will result in reasonable defaults?

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matt Adams
Development & Network Services, Cypress Interactive

  • [sympa-users] Adjusting bounce configuration for lists with low activity, Matt Adams, 02/17/2010