en - [sympa-users] Evaluating bounce_score

  • From: Matt Adams <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Evaluating bounce_score
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 23:20:31 -0700

Folks:

When I went to the source code to figure out how the bounce algorithm
works (Score = bounce_count * type_rate * regularity_rate) I realized
that the value by which the type_rate is determined is only based on the
type of the MOST RECENT bounce received and is not an aggregate or sum
of the bounce types from all bounces in the past n days.

More specifically, the `bounce_subscriber' column in `subscriber_table'
only appears to store the following meta data:

* Timestamp of FIRST bounce received
* Timestamp of LAST bounce received
* Total number of bounces received
* Error type of LAST bounce received (e.g., temporary/permanent)

Do I have this right?

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matt Adams
Development & Network Services, Cypress Interactive

  • [sympa-users] Evaluating bounce_score, Matt Adams, 02/17/2010