en - [sympa-users] Misfunction of German webmail provider WEB.DE FreeMail

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Misfunction of German webmail provider WEB.DE FreeMail
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:33:30 +0100

Dear Sympa users,

I noticed that users of WEB.DE FreeMail were not able to reply to list
posts using the Web interface because their messages were just moved
into `bad` with the following error message.

main::DoFile() Ignoring message which would cause a loop (X-Loop:
address@concealed)

Looking at the message headers of messages sent in a reply to other
messages and created by the WEB.DE FreeMail interface shows that the Web
interface seems to copy for example the »Received:« header and more
importantly also the »X-Loop:« header fields which should only be set by
Sympa. So this shows up as a problem when Sympa comes into play.

This is just an information to everyone to not waste time figuring this
out or not knowing, that Sympa does not deliver the messages of those
users.

I will try to contact the postmaster and hope this the standard address
is valid.

Until then I would be grateful for any hints on how to deal with this?
Disabling X-Loop-detection should not be recommended for obvious reasons
why it was introduced in the first place? On the other hand I cannot
remember having seen a loop before.

Thanks,

Paul