en - Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa.fcgi processes not dying - solved

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: John Bazik <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] wwsympa.fcgi processes not dying - solved
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 10:06:49 +0100

Thanks for the feedback, John, It can be useful to other Debian users.

Regards,

David

John Bazik a écrit :
I think others may see this, so here's the story:

This is Sympa 5.3.4 (current debian stable).

Running wwsympa.fcgi under apache with fastcgi and suexec, I found
that my wwsympa processes would not die when apache was shutdown or
restarted. The processes just accumulated.

I determined that wwsympa.fcgi catches TERM signals, and does not die.
USR1 kills it, but USR1 is sent by apache, and under suexec (different
uids), the signal never reaches wwsympa.

The fix? Use fcgid instead of fastcgi. I didn't bother determining
exactly how, but it does a better job of process management.

John