en - Re: [sympa-users] Spammer harvesting the /sympa/lists page (follow-up)

  • From: "Eric G. Wolfe" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Eddy Beliveau <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Spammer harvesting the /sympa/lists page (follow-up)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:40:33 -0500

Eddy, another user on the Sympa Users mailing list had suggested integrating the "I am not a spammer" cookie from arc_protect.tt2 into lists.tt2. I have not quite figured out the best way to do this yet.

One thing I have done in the meantime is add a restrictive robots.txt to possibly prevent indexing. That really assumes the harvester respects the file though. You can see our robots.txt here: http://lists.marshall.edu/robots.txt

Eric G. Wolfe
Senior Linux Administrator,
IT Infrastructure Systems
Marshall University Computing Services
Drinko Library 428-K
One John Marshall Dr.
Huntington, WV 25755
Phone: 304.696.3428
Email: address@concealed

The world is full of people who have never, since childhood, met an
open doorway with an open mind.
-- E. B. White