en - Re: [sympa-users] Custom tag for non subscriber's mail

  • From: Koczka Tamás <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Custom tag for non subscriber's mail
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:18:50 +0200

Hmmm.

We are tried this merge feature, but we think the solution for us
would be a computation-driven custom_subject field.

Our main problem with the merge feature is that the template is
created by the user, not the sympa. If are thinking in a merge feature
solution then sympa should modify all incoming email's subject with a
template. But we didn't find any tt2 files what could do this.

In the other hand we made a bit modification in the List.pm file. This
is the diff between revision 6265 and our test version:
"2604,2607d2603
< },
< 'email' => {'moderated' =>
defined($message->{'msg'}->head->get('X-Validation-by'))
< },
< 'user' => {'subscriber' =>
$self->is_user($message->{'sender'})"

This adds two new variables: "email.moderated", what decides the email
was moderated by someone and "user.subscriber" what decides the sender
of the email is a subscriber of the list.

The better for us is the second, "user.subscriber" variable, and we
can simply use with a custom_subject "[%list.name%][% IF
user.subscriber != 1 %] - reply in private[%END%]".

Should we send this modification as a patch for sympa?

Thanks for the help,
Tamás Koczka