en - Re: [sympa-users] RE: Limiting the value of 'Archives' setting

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Philip Crandall <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "'Wendell Epps'" <address@concealed>, "'address@concealed'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] RE: Limiting the value of 'Archives' setting
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:16:08 +0200

Woops... I should definitively sort my mails by threads when answering to the list...
Philip explained it way better that I did. Sorry for the double posting!

Cheers,

David

Philip Crandall a écrit :
Wendell,
You can restrict access by using ...[/bin]/etc/edit_list.conf.  You will want to restrict the setting to something like:

web_archive.max_month           listmaster		          write
web_archive.max_month           owner,privileged_owner          read

You can find information on edit_list.conf here:
http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/list-creation#list_editing

The gist is that any parameter editable through the web UI can be restricted using edit_list.conf, you just have to lookup the parameter name in the sympa manual (http://www.sympa.org/manual_6.1/list-parameters).

I assume you've already modified your list_creation_templates so that the archive is set to 12 months (for templates with archives).  If not, you'll want to be sure to do that so that new lists are automatically created with the 12 month restriction.

Hope that helps.

Philip Crandall
University of Chicago