en - Re: [sympa-users] sympauser cookie and upgrading to Sympa 5.4

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Steven Peterson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympauser cookie and upgrading to Sympa 5.4
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:55:51 +0200

Steven Peterson wrote:
> We recently upgraded from Sympa 5.3.1 to 5.4.7 and are having trouble
> with our authentication. We used to have an external application
> authenticate the user, set the sympauser cookie, then redirect the
> visitor's browser to the /sympa page at the destination sympa site.
> This no longer works and I see there is new session management in
> Sympa 5.4. Can we still authenticate externally and pass in a cookie
> or post to a sympa URL to start a session?
>
> - Steve

This is still possible but you are right the way to do it have changed.
The goal is to connect to Sympa session_table test if an existing
session allready exist (if the user is already logued with Sympa and to
store a new session row if the external application as authenticated the
user with it's own method.

We have received a contrib for that (php but it may done by any other way).
http://www.sympa.org/contribs/index#how_to_share_sympa_session_with_other_php_applications

This section of the manual is complety out of date. Sorry for that.
http://www.sympa.org/manual/authentication#sharing_wwsympa_s_authentication_with_other_applications