en - Re: [sympa-users] LDAP Querying

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Wendell Epps <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] LDAP Querying
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:00:57 +0200

Hi,

We are still working (not implementeing) on how we could handle multiple emails.
There are some informations we should merge (for example, the list of subscribed list should be display for all the addresses) and other that should be clearly separated.
For now we think that using multiple emails could be activated / deacitvated at the list level, so that you use all the known emails of a person in Scenarios instead of only one.

That's a complex issue, because there are some lists where only canonical mails (with a university domain, for example, or a mail corresponding to a function) should be used, and some lsits where you don't care what address is used.

Anyway, work in progress.

Regards,

David

Wendell Epps a écrit :

Hello,

Our institution allows for users to have multiple aliases for their email accounts. That is a problem when working with Sympa because there are several instances where a user logs in and cannot see a particular list because they were subscribed with an address other than the default one Sympa pulls from the system.

Is there a way to get Sympa to gather all of the aliases for a user so that it can pull all of the lists in which that subscriber is an owner/subscriber/moderator is subscribed, no matter the valid alias that that user is subscribed with? This would greatly cut down our support issues regarding that problem.

Thank you.

Wendell Epps

Enterprise Messaging & Collaboration

IT@JH - Mt. Washington