en - [sympa-users] LDAP Querying

  • From: Wendell Epps <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] LDAP Querying
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:11:01 -0400

Hello,

Our institution allows for users to have multiple aliases for their email accounts. That is a problem when working with Sympa because there are several instances where a user logs in and cannot see a particular list because they were subscribed with an address other than the default one Sympa pulls from the system.

Is there a way to get Sympa to gather all of the aliases for a user so that it can pull all of the lists in which that subscriber is an owner/subscriber/moderator is subscribed, no matter the valid alias that that user is subscribed with? This would greatly cut down our support issues regarding that problem.

Thank you.

Wendell Epps

Enterprise Messaging & Collaboration

IT@JH - Mt. Washington