en - Re: [sympa-users] archive accessible for everyone after login

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] archive accessible for everyone after login
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 22:13:17 +0200

Dear Ed,

thank you for your answer.

Am Montag, den 14.09.2009, 11:45 -0500 schrieb Ed C.:
> Paul Menzel wrote:
> >
> > I want to make the archive of one of my lists accessible to all
> > registered users, that means a person who can log in into WWSympa.
> >
> > I did not find a default/pre-defined scenario doing this. I admit I just
> > read over [1] very quickly and could not find anything.
> >
> > Can someone please enlighten me, how I can achieve this.
>
> I think that archive accessibility is set in a config file:
>
> Archive
>
> From this page, you can decide who can access the online list archive
> (messages readable on the mailing list web interface). The following
> options are available:
>
> * closed (closed);
> * restricted to local domain users (intranet);
> * listmaster (listmaster);
> * owner (owner);
> * moderator (moderator);
> * subscribers only (private); Use this option
> * public (public).
>
> "owner" is the default, I think.
>
> If you want all subscribers to be able to download the archive then the
> review permission would also have to be set to "private."

Those options are what I meant with default scenarios. I will test it
again, but »subscriber only (private)« would only allow subscribers to
view the archives.

I would also like that non-subscribers who registered at the WWSympa
interface be able to view those archives. Basically public with a login
requirement.

Thanks,

Paul