en - [sympa-users] change of email-addresses

  • From: "Lorenz, Sabine" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] change of email-addresses
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:16:11 +0200

Hi,

our organization (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology) will shortly change
the sender email-addresses for all users because of the change of name
of our organization. (For example from address@concealed to
address@concealed; but it is not as easy that the left part of the
email-address will be invariable in any cases)

To avoid that every of the several thousand users has to change his
email-address individually on our sympa-server we would like to change
the addresses centrally for all users.

Is their an easy way to do this or has anybody already done such a
change of mass of email-addresses on his server?

Do I have to write a script that will change the addresses directly in
the sympa database?
Or is their a possibility to use the change_email function within a
script?
Does the change_email function work at all error-free in Sympa-Version
5.4.7 which we use?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Sabine

Sabine Lorenz
SCC Steinbuch Centre for Computing
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen
Tel: 07247-82-8633
e-mail: address@concealed

  • [sympa-users] change of email-addresses, Lorenz, Sabine, 09/09/2009