en - Re: [sympa-users] Message size limits?

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Matthias Warkus <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Message size limits?
  • Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 17:04:00 +0200

This number is mainly a limit based on our own experience of email handling. Well, 21 MB is a respectable size for a message, most of the providers will probably reject messages based on limits lower than this one.
It sure could be a parameter instead of a hard coded limit, but as we thought it was the - really - highest acceptable message size before reaching a kind of traffic madness, we didn't feel necessary to make the size parametrizable, as once you have seen that the max allowed size on your domain is supported, you can still stop the script.

Regards,

David

Matthias Warkus a écrit :
Hi,

is there some kind of internal limitation to message size in Sympa? I've
seen that --test_database_message_buffer only checks up to 21000 kB, is
that arbitrary or due to some other limit?

(Besides, the 21000 value in the script should be a constant, not
hardcoded. :)

Sincerely,
M.W.

--