en - [sympa-users] Sympa disable (extend) remind_task

  • From: "Dempsey, Steve AZ" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "Kane, Charlie" <address@concealed>, "Oace, Tod R" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa disable (extend) remind_task
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:15:03 -0700

I found in the sympa-users archives an old post from 15 Jan 2007 asking
how to disable remind_task.

https://listes.cru.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-users/2007-01/msg00022.html

Conclusion was this 'needs work' and no partial work-around was considered
because it is a global problem. Apparently it still needs work.

I attempted to install 2 new variations called remind.never.task and
remind.daily.task using v5.3.4. The remind.daily.task looks like this:

title.gettext remind message sent to subscribers every day

/INIT
next([execution_date]+1d,EXEC)

/EXEC
@selection = select_subs (older([execution_date]))
send_msg (@selection, remind)
next([execution_date]+1d,EXEC)

The remind.never task does only stop(), but I would have no way to
confirm it is effective without waiting for the default 2month reminder.

title.gettext remind message NOT sent to subscribers

/INIT
stop()

/EXEC
stop()

These items show up in the web interface. I used the remind.daily.task
to test if the reminder schedule would change. A manual reminder was
sent just before configuring the daily version. After more than 48 hours
it did not trigger. Should this work? Is there an alternative?

I have a collection dynamic-membership lists containing thousands of
subscribers
used for customer communications, configured using include_file. Because
they are
auto-generated, the list members cannot unsubscribe and reminders simply are
not
appropriate.

  • [sympa-users] Sympa disable (extend) remind_task, Dempsey, Steve AZ, 07/02/2009