en - Re: [sympa-users] Using sympa with already existing database

  • From: Matt Adams <address@concealed>
  • To: Rémy Sanchez <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Using sympa with already existing database
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:58:08 -0400

Rémy Sanchez wrote:

Is it possible to use Sympa with an already existing database ? I have a list of users, their email address... Could I create a view that make a table look like a sympa table ?

You should use Sympa's ability to query an external database which will return a list of subscribers for a mailing list. I believe Sympa will keep the actual mailing list tables in sync with the external database on a regular table.

What you're probably looking for is called "include_sql_query".

Hope this helps,

Matt
--
Matt Adams