en - Re: [sympa-users] SYMPA "from" name

  • From: Jobst Schmalenbach <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] SYMPA "from" name
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:15:05 +1000

Bugger!

I wonder whether this would be good to have as a variable that could be set
in sympa.conf (as in globally), not so much per vhost base if you only have
ONE mailserver domain (as for me lists.barrett.com.au).

If you look at todays mail clients (e.g. outlook,thinderbird etc) they do not
display the email address but rather the name.
Subscribing to a mailing list and then receiving and email from "SYMPA" might
confuse the hell out of some people, especially if you do belong to the above
40 age bracket [non geeks ;)].

But if it comes from "Barrett ListServer" (in my case) it would be obvious
what that means, especially if you entered your email address into a
subscription box 10 minutes earlier!

The 1600 odd people that are subscribed to one of our lists contain Managers,
sales people, HR and so on and I had a few people having had some troubles
due to their low knowledge.

Jobst

--
Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?