en - Re: [sympa-users] Archive failing due to permissions problem

  • From: Tim Kuehn <address@concealed>
  • To: Muhammed Sameer <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa list <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Archive failing due to permissions problem
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 16:05:52 -0400

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 4:54 AM, Muhammed Sameer <address@concealed> wrote:
Salaam,

Please check the perms of you bin directory and compare with this
My archiving works fine, Also http://address@concealed/msg00448.html

Here it is mentioned that Mhonarc does not support setuid/gid operations
Nonetheles check the below perms and compare

I tried using your settings and still had problems. I think the issue is the uid of the archive program is when it's run, and I'm not sure what that is. Once I knew that, I could look at setting the other permissions accordingly.

Can someone on this list answer that question?

--
Tim Kuehn:  Senior Consultant  - TDK Consulting Services