en - [sympa-users] mailname vs. hostname

  • From: Niklas Matthies <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] mailname vs. hostname
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:16:59 +0200

Hello,

Im setting up an installation of Sympa 5.3.4, the version that is
currently packaged for Ubuntu. In sympa.conf I have set

domain lists.ourdomain.tld

which is the mailname of the system (as in /etc/mailname), and is
different from the hostname, which is listserv.ourdomain.tld.
Mails need to use the mailname, as mails aren't routed for the
hostname. The URL for WWSympa on the other hand uses the hostname,
i.e. it is http://listserv.ourdomain.tld/wss/.

Unfortunately WWSympa displays the list adresses as <listname>@
listserv.ourdomain.tld instead of as <listname>@lists.ourdomain.tld,
and Sympa is sending mails with the "listserv" in the From: headers
instead of with "lists".

How can I tell Sympa the domain it should assume for mail adresses?
Am I misunderstanding the 'domain' setting in sympa.conf?
Or is this a bug in this version of Sympa?
What else could be wrong?

-- Niklas Matthies