en - [sympa-users] help recovering from crash....

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] help recovering from crash....
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:39:01 -0400

Hi Folks,

HELP!!!!

I had a bad system crash last week. Luckily I didn't lose user data, but rebuilding my system has been proving a problem. (Crashed on 4/3, my birthday no less - been up and down, replacing disks, reloading software, restoring user data.)

Now all is working, except Sympa. Any suggestions on the following would be very much appreciated.

Before the crash, I was running:
- Debian Sarge
- Mysql 4.something
- Sympa 5.2.4

As a result of having to rebuild all the guts, I'm now running:
- Debian Lenny
- Mysql 5.0.51a

After rebuilding my mail system, I first tried:
- copy over /home/sympa/*
- copy the database files (/var/lib/mysql/sympa/*)
- let Mysql repair all the tables
- install the latest version of Sympa
- too many issues cropped up with changed config files, database formats, etc.
- so...

I uninstalled, deleted and recopied all the files, let Mysql repair everything again, and then:
- installed 5.2.4 - the same version I was running previously

But... sympa.pl fails on startup, with the following errors:

Starting sympa, overwritting old pid file.$* is no longer supported at /home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl line 149.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'admin_table' already exists at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 10767.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'user_table' already exists at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 10767.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'subscriber_table' already exists at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 10767.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'netidmap_table' already exists at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 10767.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`.`admin_table' at line 1 at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 10789.
Database sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the right structure or is unreachable. If you don't use any database, comment db_xxx parameters in sympa.conf
failure

Looks like something in Sympa 5.2.4 doesn't like Mysql 5.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman

In practice, there is. .... Yogi Berra