en - Re: Bug foung(?) RE: [sympa-users] "subscribers update failed for

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: j2 <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Bug foung(?) RE: [sympa-users] "subscribers update failed for
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:44:57 +0200

OK, I got it: it's a bug that was fixed in more recent releases of Sympa.
If you upgrade to 5.4.7, it is fixed.
It was a side effect of the anti XSS protection in Sympa. Here is the details of the bug and its correction: http://sourcesup.cru.fr/viewvc/viewvc?view=rev&revision=5472

Regards,

David Verdin

j2 a écrit :
Hi,

Most of the time, this is due to a problem on the database side. Maybe
the database is unreachable, or the rights have been changed, the
firewall rules modified, etc.

I found the problem, but now the question is WHY?
I looked in the config file with nano, and saw

sql_query select distinct email from jos_users where id &gt; '62' and block
= '0'

See that &gt; ?

While that _displays_ properly in the web interface, it does not work very
well in the config file.

So, I did a test, I went to wwsympa and changed something in the list that
should NOT affect the sql.
I added another moderator. And saved the config.

The SQL-statement was rewritten again as: sql_query select distinct email
from jos_users where id &gt; '62' and block = '0'

This is the first time I have edited the list with 5.4.5, I was running
5.3.4 before that

--
David Verdin
Comité réseau des universités